> There is one table - daily_challenges - which shows compacted partition
> max bytes as ~460M and another one - daily_guest_logins - which shows
> compacted partition max bytes as ~36M.

460 is high, I like to keep my partitions under 100mb when possible. I've
seen worse though. The fix is to add something else (maybe month or week or
something) into your partition key:

 PRIMARY KEY ((segment_type, something_else), date, user_id, sess_id)

#2 looks like your jam version is 3 per your env.sh so you're probably okay
to copy the env.sh over from the C* 3.0 link I shared once you uncomment
and tweak the MAX_HEAP. If there's something wrong your node won't come up.
tail your logs.

All the best,

[image: datastax_logo.png] <http://www.datastax.com/>

Sebastián Estévez

Solutions Architect | 954 905 8615 | sebastian.este...@datastax.com

[image: linkedin.png] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/datastax> [image:
facebook.png] <https://www.facebook.com/datastax> [image: twitter.png]
<https://twitter.com/datastax> [image: g+.png]
<https://plus.google.com/+Datastax/about>
<http://feeds.feedburner.com/datastax>

<http://cassandrasummit-datastax.com/>

DataStax is the fastest, most scalable distributed database technology,
delivering Apache Cassandra to the world’s most innovative enterprises.
Datastax is built to be agile, always-on, and predictably scalable to any
size. With more than 500 customers in 45 countries, DataStax is the
database technology and transactional backbone of choice for the worlds
most innovative companies such as Netflix, Adobe, Intuit, and eBay.

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 2:44 PM, Kunal Gangakhedkar <kgangakhed...@gmail.com