This schema is something that we're providing a better CQL conversion for
in 3.0.  The one column you defined will become a "static" column, meaning
there is only one copy of it per partition.  The schema will look something
like this:

CREATE TABLE ref_file (
    key text,
    folder text static,
    column1 text,
    value text,
    PRIMARY KEY (key, column1)
) WITH COMPACT STORAGE;

The "column1" column will hold your dynamic field names, and the "value"
column will hold your dynamic field values.

Unfortunately, we probably won't support indexing the static column in
3.0.0, but we should be able to support that pretty soon afterwards.  The
ticket for that is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-8103.

If you don't want to wait for 3.x, migrating to a table like this is
probably your best option:

CREATE TABLE ref_file (
    key text PRIMARY KEY,
    folder text,
    attributes map<text, text>
)

In this case, the attributes map would hold your dynamic fields.

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>