Thanks for your help so far!

I have some problems trying to understand the jira mentioned by Rob :(

I'm currently trying to set up the first node in the new DC with
auto_bootstrap = true. The node then becomes visible with status "joining",
which (hopefully) prevents other DCs from sending queries to it.

Do you think this will work?