Downgrading Consistency Policy suffers from effectively being the
downgraded consistency policy aka CL one. I think it's helpful to remember
that Consistency Level is effectively a contract on your consistency, if
you do "quorum or one" you're basically CL ONE. Think of it this way, CL
ONE usually successfuly writes to RF nodes, but you're only requiring one
to have a successful write, how is that any different than "quorum or one"?
if you only have one node up it'll be CL ONE, if you have two nodes up
it'll be CL QUORUM.

This approach somehow accomplishes the worst of both worlds, with the speed
of QUORUM (since it has to fail to downgrade) and the consistency contract
of ONE, it really is a pretty terrible engineering tradeoff. Plus if you're
ok with ONE some of the time you're ok with ONE all the time.

For clarity, I think downgrading consistency policy should be deprecated, I
think it totally gets people thinking the wrong way about consistency level.

Thanks,
Ryan Svihla