On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Troy Collinsworth <
troycollinswo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was in discussions with Datastax to license DSE/support, however I was
> told Windows won't be production supported by Datastax by Jan-Mar. If no
> company supports Cassandra on Windows in production, especially Datastax,
> then it's hard to rationalize that it's ready or can/should be relied on in
> production.

Plenty of use cases for open source software exist when there is no company
that supports the software at all. "Production ready" is undefinable in the
abstract.

Now if you're asking if I personally would run Cassandra on Windows in
production... I probably would only do so after establishing to my
satisfaction that it worked with the kind of workloads I expected it to
receive. But I am a relatively cautious operator, and do not have a
requirement to run on Windows...

=Rob