If you want the timestamp to be generated on the C* side, you need to sync
clocks among nodes to the nanosecond precision first. That alone might be
hard or impossible already. I think the safe bet is to generate the
timestamp on the client side. But depending on your data volume, if data
comes from multiple clients you still need to sync clocks among them.