On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 10:53 PM, Vladimir Prudnikov <v.prudni...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is it hard to start with 3 nodes on one server running in docker and then
> just move 2 nodes to the separate servers?

FWIW, if you *absolutely knew* that you were going to need the scale and
for some reason could not convince the money people of this obvious truth,
there is nothing especially wrong with running a Cassandra node in this
manner. It's really inefficient but does allow you to expand a cluster
beyond one node without having to deal with the implications of increasing
RF.

=Rob
PS - Note that I am still very skeptical that a meaningful number of people
are in this case, almost everyone in a case like this should "just use
MySQL."