Nodes need about 60-90 second delay before it can start accepting
connections as a seed node. Also a seed node needs time to accept a node
starting up, and syncing to other nodes (on 10gbit the max new nodes is
only 1 or 2, on 1gigabit it can handle at least 3-4 new nodes connecting).
In a large cluster (500 nodes) I see this wierd condition where nodetool
status shows overlapping subsets of nodes, and the problem does not go away
after even an hour on a 10 gigabit network).

*.......*

*“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in apretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside
in a cloud of smoke,thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter ThompsonDaemeon C.M. ReiydelleUSA
(+1) 415.501.0198London (+44) (0) 20 8144 9872*