Hi,

I have a huge set of data, which takes about 2 days to bulk load on a Cassandra
3.0 cluster of 5 nodes. That is about 13 billion rows.

Quite often I need to reload this data, new structure, or data is reorganise.
There are clients reading from a given keyspace (KS-X).

Since it takes me 2 days to load my data, I was planning to load the new set on
a new keyspace (KS-Y), and when loaded drop KS-X and rename KS-Y to KS-X.

Now I know "renaming keyspace" is a functionality which was removed.

Would this procedure work to destroy an old keyspace KS-X and rename a new
keyspace KS-Y to KS-X:

1) nodetool drain each node.
2) stop cassandra on each node.
3) on each node:
        3.1) rm -r data/KS-X
        3.2) mv data/KS-Y data/KS-X
4) restart each node.

Could someone please confirm this? I guess it would work, but I’m just afraid
that there could be in some system table some information that would not allow
this.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Jean