      From: Jonathan Haddad <j...@jonhaddad.com>
 To: user@cassandra.apache.org; Jason Kania <jason.ka...@ymail.com>
 Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2016 11:21 AM
 Subject: Re: Strategy for dividing wide rows beyond just adding to the
partition key

Have you considered making the date (or week, or whatever, some time component)
part of your partition key?
something like:
create table sensordata (sensor_id int,day date,ts datetime,reading int,primary
key((sensor_id, day), ts);
Then if you know you need data by a particular date range, just issue multiple
async queries for each day you need.