Hi Jerry,

It is all a matter of replication server side and consistency level client
side.

The minimal setup to ensure availability and a strong consistency is RF= 3
and CL = (LOCAL_)QUORUM.

This way, one node can go down, you still can reach the 2 needed nodes to
validate your reads & writes --> Availability
And as there are 3 replica and an operation is successful if it is
successful at least on 2 replica, at least one node will be write to and
read from, ensuring a strong and immediate consistency (multiple reads will
always return the same value, no matter where you read).

Were you using those settings?

reconnect the network cable, we export the data immediately and we cannot
> all the 30 million rows of data

Not sure about 'export'  and 'we cannot all the 30 million rows'. But I
imagine you were expecting to read the 30 million rows and did not.

Hinted Handoff is an optimisation (anything you can disable is an
optimisation),  you can't rely on an optimisation like hinted handoff.

Let me know if this answer works for you before digging any further.

the developers to discuss possible issues there is no issue spotted so far,
just us trying to understand things, let's not bother those guys unless we
find an issue :-).

C*heers,
Alain Rodriguez - al...@thelastpickle.com
France