On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 12:57 PM, Drew Kutcharian <d...@venarc.com> wrote:

> I’m running 3.0.8, so it probably wasn’t fixed? ;)

Hmm, would you mind opening a new JIRA ticket about that and linking it to
CASSANDRA-11033?

> The CodecNotFoundException is very random, when I get it, if I re-run the
> same exact query then it works! I’ll see if I can reproduce it more
> consistently.

Thanks.  If you can reproduce, please go ahead and open a ticket for that
as well.

> BTW, is there a way to get the CodecRegistry and the ProtocolVersion from
> the UDF environment so I don’t have to create them?

At least in 3.0.8, I don't think so.  It's worth pointing out
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-10818, which makes it much
easier to create tuples and UDTs in 3.6+.  Check out the bottom of the UDF
section of the docs for some examples and details:
http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/cql/functions.html#user-defined-functions

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>