hi Evans;
   rather than having one individual certificate for every node, we are
looking at getting one Comodo wild-card certificate, and importing that
into the keystore. along with the intermediate CA provided by Comodo. As
far as the trust-store is concerned, we are looking at importing the
intermediate CA provided along with the signed wild-card cert by Comodo.

   So in this case we'll be having just one keystore (generic), and
truststore we'll be copying to all the nodes. We've run into issues
however, and are trying to iron that out. Interested to know if anybody in
the community has taken a similar approach.

   We are pretty much going on the lines of following post by LastPickle
http://thelastpickle.com/blog/2015/09/30/hardening-cassandra-step-by-step-part-1-server-to-server.html.
Instead of creating our own CA, we are relying on Comodo.

thanks
Sai