Ephemeral is fine, you just need to have enough replicas (in enough AZs and
enough regions) to tolerate instances being terminated.

From: Vladimir Yudovin <vla...@winguzone.com>
Date: Monday, October 17, 2016 at 11:48 AM
To: user <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Adding disk capacity to a running node

It's extremely unreliable to use ephemeral (local) disks. Even if you don't
stop instance by yourself, it can be restarted on different server in case of
some hardware failure or AWS initiated update. So all node data will be lost.

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,

Winguzone - Hosted Cloud Cassandra on Azure and SoftLayer.
Launch your cluster in minutes.

---- On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 14:45:00 -0400Seth Edwards <s...@pubnub.com> wrote ----

These are i2.2xlarge instances so the disks currently configured as ephemeral
dedicated disks.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 11:34 AM, Laing, Michael <michael.la...@nytimes.com>