From: Welly Tambunan [mailto:if05...@gmail.com]
Sent: 23 October 2016 10:19
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hadoop vs Cassandra

I like muti data centre resillience in cassandra.

I think thats plus one for cassandra.

Ali, complex analytics can be done in spark right?

On 23 Oct 2016 4:08 p.m., "Ali Akhtar"
<ali.rac...@gmail.com<mailto:ali.rac...@gmail.com>> wrote:

> I would say it depends on your use case.
>
> If you need a lot of queries that require joins, or complex analytics of the
> kind that Cassandra isn't suited for, then HDFS / HBase may be better.
>
> If you can work with the cassandra way of doing things (creating new tables
> for each query you'll need to do, duplicating data - doing extra writes for
> faster reads) , then Cassandra should work for you. It is easier to setup and
> do dev ops with, in my experience.
>
> On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 2:05 PM, Welly Tambunan
> <if05...@gmail.com<mailto:if05...@gmail.com>> wrote:

>> I mean. HDFS and HBase.
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 4:00 PM, Ali Akhtar
>> <ali.rac...@gmail.com<mailto:ali.rac...@gmail.com>> wrote:

>>> By Hadoop do you mean HDFS?

>> --
>> Welly Tambunan
>> Triplelands
>>
>> http://weltam.wordpress.com<http://weltam.wordpress.com>
>> http://www.triplelands.com<http://www.triplelands.com/blog/>

This email is confidential and may be subject to privilege. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not copy or disclose its content but contact the
sender immediately upon receipt.