Hi Alexander,

I'm referring to Writes Count generated from JMX:
[image: Inline image 1]

The higher curve shows the total write count per second for all nodes in
the cluster and the lower curve is the average write count per second per
node.
The drop in the end is the result of shutting down one application node
that performed this kind of query (we still haven't removed the query
itself in this cluster).

On a different cluster, where we already removed the "select count(*)"
query completely, we can see that the issue was resolved (also verified
this with running nodetool cfstats a few times and checked the write count
difference):
[image: Inline image 2]

Naturally I asked how can a select query affect the write count of a node
but weird as it seems, the issue was resolved once the query was removed
from the code.

Another side note.. One of our developers that wrote the query in the code,
thought it would be nice to limit the query results to 560,000,000. Perhaps
the ridiculously high limit might have caused this?

Thanks!

Shalom Sagges
DBA
T: +972-74-700-4035