Hi Shalom,

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work,  but obviously, any resource
sharing affects performance. You can expect less degradation with SSD disks, I
guess.

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,

Winguzone - Cloud Cassandra Hosting

---- On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 13:31:22 -0500 Shalom Sagges
<shal...@liveperson.com> wrote ----

Hi Everyone,

I am looking into the option of deploying a Cassandra cluster on Openstack
nodes instead of physical nodes due to resource management considerations.

Does anyone has any insights regarding this?

Can this combination work properly?

Since the disks (HDDs) are part of one physical machine that divide their
capacity to various instances (not only Cassandra), will this affect
performance, especially when the commitlog directory will probably reside with
the data directory?

I'm at a loss here and don't have any answers for that matter.

Can anyone assist please?

Thanks!

Shalom Sagges

DBA

T: +972-74-700-4035

 We Create Meaningful Connections

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.

If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this on behalf of the
addressee you must not use, copy, disclose or take action based on this message
or any information herein.

If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender
immediately by reply email and delete this message. Thank you.