The major issue we’ve seen with very high density (we generally say <2TB
node is best) is manageability - if you need to replace a node or add node
then restreaming data takes a *long* time and there we fairly high chance
of a glitch in the universe meaning you have to start again before it’s
done.

Also, if you’re uses STCS you can end up with gigantic compactions which
also take a long time and can cause issues.

Heap limitations are mainly related to partition size rather than node
density in my experience.

Cheers
Ben

--