Hi there,

Today I come up with the following thesis:

A rebuild / removenode may break the base-table <> MV contract.
I'd even claim that a rebuild / removenode requires rebuilding all MVs to
guarantee MV consistency.

Reason:
A node can have base tables with MVs. This is no problem. If these are
streamed during rebuild/removenode, underlying MVs are updated by write
path and consistency contract will be fulfilled.
BUT a node may also contain ranges for MVs whose base table reside on a
different node. When these are streamed from a another node, then for
example base table on node A suddenly has the replica from the base table
of node B and this is not consistent any more.