@Ryan, my keyspace replication settings are as follows:
CREATE KEYSPACE mykeyspace WITH replication = {'class':
'NetworkTopologyStrategy', 'DC1': '3', 'DC2: '3', 'DC3': '3'}  AND
durable_writes = true;

CREATE TABLE mykeyspace.test (
    column1 text,
    column2 text,
    column3 text,
    PRIMARY KEY (column1, column2)

The query is *select * from mykeyspace.test where column1='xxxxx';*

@Daniel, the replication factor is 3. That's why I don't understand why I
get these timeouts when only one node drops.

Also, when I enabled tracing, I got the following error:
*Unable to fetch query trace: ('Unable to complete the operation against
any hosts', {<Host: 127.0.0.1 DC1>: Unavailable('Error from server:
code=1000 [Unavailable exception] message="Cannot achieve consistency level
LOCAL_QUORUM" info={\'required_replicas\': 2, \'alive_replicas\': 1,
\'consistency\': \'LOCAL_QUORUM\'}',)})*

But nodetool status shows that only 1 replica was down:
--  Address          Load       Tokens       Owns    Host ID
                Rack
DN  x.x.x.235  134.32 MB  256          ?
c0920d11-08da-4f18-a7f3-dbfb8c155b19  RAC1
UN  x.x.x.236  134.02 MB  256          ?
2cc0a27b-b1e4-461f-a3d2-186d3d82ff3d  RAC1
UN  x.x.x.237  134.34 MB  256          ?
5b2162aa-8803-4b54-88a9-ff2e70b3d830  RAC1

I tried to run the same scenario on all 3 nodes, and only the 3rd node
didn't fail the query when I dropped it. The nodes were installed and
configured with Puppet so the configuration is the same on all 3 nodes.

Thanks!