> there are some nasty edge cases when you mix incremental repair and full
repair ( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-13153 )

mixing incremental and full repairs will just make that more likely to
happen, but although unlikely it's still possible for a similar condition
to happen even when using incremental repair alone and this is ultimately
fixed by CASSANDRA-9143 on 4.0 so I'd probably stick to Blake's suggestions
on #13153:

> It seems like we should recommend that users who delete data:
> 1. Stop using incremental repair (pre-4.0)
> 2. Run a full repair after upgrading to 4.0 before using incremental
repair again
> We should also recommend that even if users don't delete data, they
should take a look at the amount of streaming their incremental repair is
doing, and decide if it might be less expensive to just do full repairs
instead.