From: eugene miretsky [mailto:eugene.miret...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2017 4:36 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Why are automatic anti-entropy repairs required when hinted hand-off
is enabled?

Hi,

As I see it, if hinted handoff is enabled, the only time data can be
inconsistent is when:

1.      A node is down for longer than the max_hint_window
2.      The coordinator node crushes before all the hints have been replayed

Why is it still recommended to perform frequent automatic repairs, as well as
enable read repair? Can't I just run a repair after one of the nodes is down?
The only problem I see with this approach is a long repair job (instead of
small incremental repairs). But other than that, are there any other
issues/corner-cases?

Cheers,

Eugene