Hi,

 Truncatehints on nodes is running for more than 7 hours now. Nothing
mentioned for same in sysemt logs even.

And compaction stats reports increase in hints total bytes.

pending tasks: 1
   compaction type   keyspace   table     completed          total    unit
  progress
        Compaction     system   hints   12152557998   869257869352   bytes
     1.40%
Active compaction remaining time :   0h27m14s

Can anything else be checked here? Will manually deleting system.hint files
and restart node fix this.

Regards,
Varun Saluja