Hi Chris,
Can your share following info:
1. Exact repair commands you use for inc repair and pr repair
2. Repair time should be measured at cluster level for inc repair. So, whats
the total time it takes to run repair on all nodes for incremental vs pr
repairs?
3. You are repairing one dc DC3. How many DCs are there in total and whats the
RF for keyspaces? Running pr on a specific dc would not repair entire data.
4. 885 ranges? From where did you get this number? Logs? Can you share the
number ranges printed in logs for both inc and pr case?

ThanksAnuj

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 9:33 PM, Chris
Stokesmore<chris.elsm...@demandlogic.co> wrote:   Thank you for the excellent
and clear description of the different versions of repair Anuj, that has
cleared up what I expect to be happening.
The problem now is in our cluster, we are running repairs with options
(parallelism: parallel, primary range: false, incremental: true, job threads:
1, ColumnFamilies: [], dataCenters: [DC3], hosts: [], # of ranges: 885) and
when we do our repairs are taking over a day to complete when previously when
running with the partition range option they were taking more like 8-9 hours.
As I understand it, using incremental should have sped this process up as all
three sets of data on each repair job should be marked as repaired however this
does not seem to be the case. Any ideas?
Chris