Short of actually making ConsistencyLevel pluggable or adding/changing one
of the existing levels, an alternative approach would be to divide up the
cluster into either real or pseudo-datacenters (with RF=2 in each DC), and
then write with QUORUM (which would be 3 nodes, across any combination of
datacenters), and read with LOCAL_QUORUM (which would be 2 nodes in the
datacenter of the coordinator). You don't have to have distinct physical
DCs for this, but you'd need tooling to guarantee an even number of
replicas in each virtual datacenter.

It's an ugly workaround, but it'd work.

Pluggable CL would be nicer, though.