Is that version going to be stable for production?

Well, 1M$ question )). There is a lot of discussion on this topic.

In terms of tick-tock releases odd releases (e.g. 3.11) are bug fixes. But I
guess latest 3.0.x (3.0.14 now) should more stable.

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,

Winguzone - Cloud Cassandra Hosting

---- On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 07:09:08 -0400 Ali Akhtar <ali.rac...@gmail.com>
wrote ----

Is that version going to be stable for production? I'm looking for something
that I can just install, add nodes when needed, but otherwise not have to worry
or think about, even if it means downgrading to a lower version and rewriting
some of the code involving UDTs.

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 3:51 PM, Vladimir Yudovin <vla...@winguzone.com>
wrote:

Latest comment in this JIRA is "I've committed to 3.11". 3.11 change log also
contains "* Fix validation of non-frozen UDT cells (CASSANDRA-12916)" (merged
from 3.10)

So try version 3.11

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,

Winguzone - Cloud Cassandra Hosting

---- On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 10:17:15 -0400 Ali Akhtar <ali.rac...@gmail.com>
wrote ----

I'm running cassandra 3.9, but it doesn't seem stable. E.g, one of my nodes
recently crashed with the message

'org.apache.cassandra.db.commitlog.CommitLogReadHandler$CommitLogReadException:
Unexpected error deserializing mutation; saved to
/tmp/mutation3976606415170694683dat.  This may be caused by replaying a
mutation against a table with the same name but incompatible schema.  Exception
follows: org.apache.cassandra.serializers.MarshalException: Not enough bytes to
read 0th field board_id'

It looks like this particular bug is fixed in 3.10:

Is there a stable version with support for frozen UDTs that I should use? If
not, should I change my UDT code to use text, and revert to a 2.x version which
is stable? I'm still in development, so it will be a pain, but I can revert to
non frozen UDTs.