On 2017-07-20 08:46 (-0700), "Jeff Jirsa"<jji...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 2017-07-20 08:17 (-0700), Nitan Kainth <ni...@bamlabs.com> wrote:
> > Jeff,
> >
> > It is really strange, look at below log, I inserted your data and then few
> > additional; finally, the issue is reproduced:

> This is a bug, cqlsh is displaying the timestamp from partition 't' for
> partition 'b'.
>
> I've created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-13711 based on
> your report. I havent yet verified if this is a cqlsh bug or a storage engine
> bug.

It turns out this was in the CQL layer, impacted both writetime() and ttl() for
3.0/3.11/trunk. The good news is that because it was in the CQL layer, it
didn't impact the underlying storage engine with it's confused timestamps/ttls,
but would have returned invalid timestamps/ttls to clients.

It's now patch-available (I wrote up a fix this morning), and awaiting review -
it'll be in the next release.

Thanks again for reporting it - this type of report (on the dev/user list or
via JIRA) is really helpful to the community.

- Jeff