Thanks, we'll try delete range of rows as it seems to fit our scenario.
One more question, as you mentioned "repair often" - and we have seen that
several times, the official doc, representations, blogs, etc.

But when we repair a column family sized to terabytes on a cluster with ~30
nodes, it takes almost a week long, and like, always ends with some
unexpected failure.
Are we missing something here, or is it reasonable at this magnitude? Also,
if we repaired once successfully, will the next repair process take a more
reasonable time?