Yes it’s the total size.

Could it be that tombstones or data that nodes no longer own is not being
copied/streamed to the data center in AWS?

From: Jeff Jirsa <jji...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, August 7, 2017 at 2:51 PM
To: cassandra <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Different data size between datacenters

And when you say the data size is smaller, you mean per node? Or sum of all
nodes in the datacenter?

With 185 hosts in AWS vs 135 in your DC, I would expect your DC hosts to have
30% less data per host than AWS.

If instead they have twice as much, it sounds like it's balancing by # of
tokens instead, which may be an indication that you're somehow using
SimpleStrategy, or your NetworkTopologyStrategy is somehow misconfigured for
one or more keyspaces.

Can you paste your keyspace replication strategy lines, anonymized as needed?

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 1:46 PM, Chuck Reynolds