Hi,

I recently encountered with strange issue.

Assuming there is table

id PRIMARY KEY

indexed text

column text

CREATE custom index on table(indexed) using '...SASIIndex'

I inserted row like id=0, indexed='string1', column='just string'

When I did SELECT * FROM table WHERE id=0 AND indexed='string1' no rows is
returned, while SELECT * FROM table WHERE id=0 AND column =' just string' ALLOW
FILTERING returned the row.

In reality this table consist about 70 columns, 20M rows and probably total 30G
on disk with RF=2 and three nodes. I guess this issue is somehow linked to
memory usage, as I run some different heavy queries, then cluster become
unresponsible to cqlsh and nodetool. I sow GC messages in gc.log, so I restated
cluster and all returned to normal.

I would expect the whole query to fail with timeout or some error message, but
not to silently return zero rows.

Any thoughts?

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,

Winguzone - Cloud Cassandra Hosting