Apache Cassandra is not great in terms of performance at the moment for
batch analytics workloads that require a full table scan. I would look at
FiloDB for all the benefits and familiarity of Cassandra with better
streaming and analytics performance: https://github.com/filodb/FiloDB

There are also some outstanding tickets around improving bulk reads in
Cassandra (see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-9259 for the
full gory details), but it appears to be abandonded by the initial set of
contributors.

--
Ben Bromhead
CTO | Instaclustr <https://www.instaclustr.com/>