Hi,

I am searching for a big data storage solution for the Imixs-Workflow project. I started with Hadoop until I became aware of the 'small-file-problem'. So I am considering using Cassandra now.

But Hadoop has one important feature for me. The replicator continuously examines whether data blocks are consistent across all datanodes. This will detect disk errors and automatically move data from defective blocks to working blocks. I think this is called 'self-healing mechanism'.

Is there a similar feature in Cassandra too?

Thanks for help

Ralph