Most people find 3.0 slightly slower than 2.1. The only thing that really
stands out in your email is the huge change in 95% latency - that's atypical.
Are you using thrift or native 9042)?  The decrease in compression metadata
offheap usage is likely due to the increased storage efficiency of the storage
engine (see Cassandra-8099).

--
Jeff Jirsa