From: Jeff Jirsa [mailto:jji...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2017 2:51 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Massive deletes -> major compaction?

The major compaction is most efficient but can temporarily double (nearly) disk
usage - if you can afford that, go for it.

Alternatively you can do a user-defined compaction on each sstable in reverse
generational order (oldest first) and as long as the data is minimally
overlapping it’ll purge tombstones that way as well - takes longer but much
less disk involved.

--
Jeff Jirsa

On Sep 21, 2017, at 11:27 AM, Durity, Sean R