> On Oct 27, 2017, at 2:23 AM, Gábor Auth <auth.ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 11:10 PM Blake Eggleston <beggles...@apple.com>
>> wrote:
>> Following a discussion on dev@, the materialized view feature is being
>> retroactively classified as experimental, and not recommended for new
>> production uses. The next patch releases of 3.0, 3.11, and 4.0 will include
>> CASSANDRA-13959, which will log warnings when materialized views are
>> created, and introduce a yaml setting that will allow operators to disable
>> their creation.
>
> Will the experimental classification later be withdrawn (the issue can be
> fixable)?
> Will the whole MV feature later be withdrawn (the issue can't be fixable)? :)

The experimental warning will be withdrawn when there’s confidence among
committers that the feature always does the right thing with your data.

The algorithm SEEMS safe (with the caveats Blake mentioned), and people DO use
it in production, we just want you to be aware that we’re not as confident in
its safety as we are for the more mature database features.