Kurt,

I apreciate your answer but I don't believe CompletedTasks count the
"validation compactions". These are compactions that occur from repair
operations. I am running tests on 10 cluster nodes in the same physical
rack, with Cassandra Stress Tool and I didn't make any Repair commands. The
tables only last for seven hours, so it is not reasonable that tens of
thousands of these validation compactions occur per node.

I tried to see the code and the CompletedTasks counter seems to be
populated by a method from the class
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.
So I really don't know what it is but surely is not the amount of
Compaction Completed Tasks.

Thank you
Lucas Benevides

   -