Generally speaking, disable readahead.  After that it's very likely the issue
isn’t in the settings you’re using the disk settings, but is actually in your
Cassandra config or the data model.  How are you measuring things?  Are you
saturating your disks?  What resource is your bottleneck?

*Every* single time I’ve handled a question like this, without exception, it
ends up being a mix of incorrect compression settings (use 4K at most), some
crazy readahead setting like 1MB, and terrible JVM settings that are the bulk
of the problem.

Without knowing how you are testing things or *any* metrics whatsoever whether
it be C* or OS it’s going to be hard to help you out.

Jon