There’s a tweak to TWCS in 3.11.1 that lets data expire faster, but I wouldn’t
call it unstable in any version I’ve ever used it with.  I’ve deployed it on
2.0, 2.1, 2.2 [1], and used it in every version of C* that we’ve shipped it,
and have never had an issue.

I would put 3.11.1 in prod over 3.0, there’s a number of performance
improvements and a few nice features that make it worth it.  Off the top of my
head, off heap memtables, a nice LIMIT optimization, and more flexible allow
filtering options are all nice.

[1] http://thelastpickle.com/blog/2017/01/10/twcs-part2.html