Hiya,

We have our Cassandra 2.1 cluster being monitored by checking the JMX
on the org.apache.cassandra.metrics type=ThreadPools bean

We've got a threshold of 15 for warnings as per
https://blog.pythian.com/guide-to-cassandra-thread-pools/ however we
don't know if this is a sensible warning threshold as this does
occasionally warn at the moment however there is no real obvious cause
in the Cassandra logs.

So 2 questions:

- What does this thread-pool actually do? All the examples are so
abstract i.e. "executes callbacks"; my understanding is that if a
client queries the cluster and then never reads the result it would be
in the RequestResponseStage Pending until it times out?

- Is there any tracing or similar that can be used to inspect the
content of the thread-pool so we can see what it actually is that's
pending?

--
Robert Emery

--
 <https://codeweavers.net>

<http://us15.campaign-archive1.com/?u=fcb361cfa194cf70551bc5169&id=f556b0bf09>
Codeweavers
January
 Newsletter
<https://us15.campaign-archive.com/?u=fcb361cfa194cf70551bc5169&id=b515f5ce0f>
l  *Codeweavers 2017 Review Infographic
<https://codeweavers.net/company-blog/codeweavers-2017-review-infographic>*

<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfbXA6qnYxYDZKlHkh_1Tqgpp_KdOK4EmFT7b5aF6vtVkF4Xg/viewform>
*What updates would you like to receive from Codeweavers via email?
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfbXA6qnYxYDZKlHkh_1Tqgpp_KdOK4EmFT7b5aF6vtVkF4Xg/viewform>*

*Phone:* 0800 021 0888  * Email: *contac...@codeweavers.net
*Codeweavers Ltd* | Barn 4 | Dunston Business Village | Dunston | ST18 9AB
Registered in England and Wales No. 04092394 | VAT registration no. 974
9705 63

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/codeweavers-limited>
<https://vimeo.com/codeweaversltd>  [image:
https://plus.google.com/b/105942302039373248738/+CodeweaversNet]