> Another was the crazy idea I started with of setting min_index_interval to
> 1. My guess was that this would cause it to read all index entries, and
> effectively have them all cached permanently. And it would read them
> straight out of the SSTables on every restart. Would this work? Other than
> probably causing a really long startup time, are there issues with this?

I've never tried that. It sounds like you understand the potential impact
on memory and startup time. If you have the data in such a way that you can
easily experiment, I would like to see a breakdown of the impact on
response time vs. memory usage as well as where the point of diminishing
returns is on turning this down towards 1 (I think there will be a sweet
spot somewhere).