On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 12:46 AM, Krish Donald <gotomyp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> What kind of Automation you have for Cassandra related operations on AWS
> like restacking, restart of the cluster , changing cassandra.yaml
> parameters etc ?

We wrote some scripts customized for Zalando's STUPS platform:
https://github.com/zalando-stups/planb-cassandra  (Warning! messy Python
inside)

We deploy EBS-backed instances with AWS EC2 auto-recovery enabled.
Cassandra runs inside Docker on the EC2 hosts.

The EBS setup allows us to perform rolling restarts / binary updates
without streaming.

Updating configuration parameters is a bit tricky since there are many
places where different stuff is configured: cassandra-env.sh, jvm.options,
cassandra.yaml and environment variables.  We don't have a comprehensive
answer to that yet.

Cheers,
--
Oleksandr "Alex" Shulgin | Database Engineer | Zalando SE | Tel: +49 176
127-59-707