Hello everyone,

I get a timeout error when reading a particular row from a large counters
table.

I have a storm topology that inserts data into a Cassandra counter table.
This table has 6 partition keys, 4 primary keys and 5 counters.

When data starts to be inserted, I can query the counters correctly from
that particular row but after a few minutes updating the table with
thousands of events, I get a readtimeout every time I try to read a
particular row from the table (the most frequently updated). Other rows I
can read quick and fine. Also if I run "select *", the top few hundreds are
returned quick and fine as expected. The storm topology is stopped but the
error is still there.

I am using Cassandra 3.6.

More information here:
https://stackoverflow.com/q/48833146

Are counters in this version broken? I run the query from CQLSH and get the
same error every time. I tried running it with trace enabled and get
nothing but the error:

ReadTimeout: Error from server: code=1200 [Coordinator node timed out
waiting for replica nodes' responses] message="Operation timed out -
received only 0 responses." info={'received_responses': 0,
'required_responses': 1, 'consistency': 'ONE'}

Any ideas?