>  (2.0 is getting pretty old and isn't supported, you may want to consider
> upgrading; 2.1 would be the smallest change and least risk, but it, too, is
> near end of life)

I would upgrade as well. Yet I think moving from Cassandra 2.0 to Cassandra
2.2 directly is doable smoothly and preferable (still deserve to be tested
for each environment). Nowadays it might be a better move given that, as
Jeff said, Cassandra 2.1 support is very limited already and will sometime
soon be stopped.

Here is the difference:

>    - Apache Cassandra 2.2 is supported until *4.0 release (date TBD)*.
>    The latest release is 2.2.12
>
> <http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/cassandra/2.2.12/apache-cassandra-2.2.12-bin.tar.gz>
>     (pgp
>
> <http://www.apache.org/dist/cassandra/2.2.12/apache-cassandra-2.2.12-bin.tar.gz.asc>
>    , md5
>
> <http://www.apache.org/dist/cassandra/2.2.12/apache-cassandra-2.2.12-bin.tar.gz.md5>
>     and sha1
>
> <http://www.apache.org/dist/cassandra/2.2.12/apache-cassandra-2.2.12-bin.tar.gz.sha1>),
>    released on 2018-02-16.
>    - Apache Cassandra 2.1 is supported until *4.0 release (date TBD)* with
>     *critical fixes only*. The latest release is 2.1.20
>
> <http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/cassandra/2.1.20/apache-cassandra-2.1.20-bin.tar.gz>
>     (pgp
>
> <http://www.apache.org/dist/cassandra/2.1.20/apache-cassandra-2.1.20-bin.tar.gz.asc>
>    , md5
>
> <http://www.apache.org/dist/cassandra/2.1.20/apache-cassandra-2.1.20-bin.tar.gz.md5>
>     and sha1
>
> <http://www.apache.org/dist/cassandra/2.1.20/apache-cassandra-2.1.20-bin.tar.gz.sha1>),
>    released on 2018-02-16.

It's not a huge difference, but we have been doing upgrades from 2.0 and
2.1 to 2.2 directly if I remember correctly. I would say you have the
choice to skip a major this time and I was willing to share in case it
might be worth it for you.

C*heers,
Alain Rodriguez - @arodream - al...@thelastpickle.com
France / Spain