Thanks for your help,

I'been biased with Cassandra server and forget about the client completely!

Sent using Zoho Mail

---- On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 15:21:03 +0330 Lucas Benevides
<> wrote ----

Why did you set the number of 1000 threads?

Does it show to be the more performatic when threads = auto?

I have used stress tool in a larger test bed (10 nodes) and my optimal setup
was 24 threads.

To check this you must monitor the stress node, both the CPU and I/O. And give
it a try with fewer threads.

Lucas Benevides

I've configured a simple cluster using two PC with identical spec:

 cpu core i5 RAM: 8GB ddr3 Disk: 1TB 5400rpm Network: 1 G (I've test it with
iperf, it really is!)
using the common configs described in many sites including datastax itself:

cluster_name: 'MyCassandraCluster' num_tokens: 256 seed_provider: - class_name:
org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleSeedProvider parameters: - seeds:
"," listen_address: rpc_address: endpoint_snitch:
Running stress tool:

cassandra-stress write n=1000000 -rate threads=1000 -mode native cql3 -node,
Over each node it shows 39 K writes/seconds, but running the same stress tool
command on cluster of both nodes shows 45 K writes/seconds. I've done all the
tuning mentioned by apache and datastax. There are many use cases on the net
proving Cassandra linear Scalability So what is wrong with my cluster?

Sent using Zoho Mail