On 5 Mar 2018 16:13, "Jeff Jirsa" <jji...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mar 5, 2018, at 6:40 AM, Oleksandr Shulgin <oleksandr.shul...@zalando.de>
wrote:

We were deploying a second DC today with 3 seed nodes (30 nodes in total)
and we have noticed that all seed nodes reported the following:

INFO  10:20:50 Create new Keyspace: KeyspaceMetadata{name=system_traces,
params=KeyspaceParams{durable_writes=true, replication=ReplicationParams{
class=org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleStrategy, replication_factor=2}},

followed by similar lines for system_distributed and system_auth.  Is this
to be expected?

They’re written with timestamp=0 to ensure they’re created at least once,
but if you’ve ever issued an ALTER to the table or keyspace, your modified
version will win through normal schema reconciliation process.

OK.  Any specific reason why non-bootstrapping nodes don't wait for schema
propagation before joining the ring?

--
Alex