We evaluated both 3.0.x and 3.11.x. +1 for 3.11.2 as we faced major performance
issues with 3.0.x. We have NOT evaluated new features on 3.11.x.
Anuj

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 at 19:35, Alain RODRIGUEZ<arodr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Tom,

It's good to hear this kind of feedbacks,
Thanks for sharing.

3.11.x seems to get more love from the community wrt patches. This is why I'd
recommend 3.11.x for new projects.

I also agree with this analysis.

Stay away from any of the 2.x series, they're going EOL soonish and the newer
versions are very stable.

+1 here as well. Maybe add that 3.11.x, that is described as 'very stable'
above, aims at stabilizing Cassandra after the tick-tock releases and is a 'bug
fix' series and brings features developed during this period, even though it is
needed to be careful with of some the new features, even in latest 3.11.x
versions.
I did not work that much with it yet, but I think I would pick 3.11.2 as well
for a new cluster at the moment.
C*heers,
-----------------------Alain Rodriguez - @arodream -
alain@thelastpickle.comFrance / Spain
The Last Pickle - Apache Cassandra Consultinghttp://www.thelastpickle.com

We run on the order of a thousand Cassandra nodes in production. Most of that
is 3.0.16, but new clusters are defaulting to 3.11.2 and some older clusters
have been upgraded to it as well.
All of the bugs I encountered in 3.11.x were also seen in 3.0.x, but 3.11.x
seems to get more love from the community wrt patches. This is why I'd
recommend 3.11.x for new projects.
Stay away from any of the 2.x series, they're going EOL soonish and the newer
versions are very stable.

Tom van der WoerdtSite Reliability Engineer

Booking.com B.V.
Vijzelstraat 66-80 Amsterdam 1017HL NetherlandsThe world's #1 accommodation
site
43 languages, 198+ offices worldwide, 120,000+ global destinations, 1,550,000+
room nights booked every day
No booking fees, best price always guaranteed
Subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG)