> On 12 Mar 2018, at 14:45, Rahul Singh <rahul.xavier.si...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I may be wrong, but what I’ve read and used in the past assumes that the
> “first” N rows are cached and the clustering key design is how I change what
> N rows are put into memory. Looking at the code, it seems that’s the case.

So we agree that we row cache is storing only N rows from the beginning of the
partition. So if only the last row in a partition is read, then it probably
doesn’t get cached assuming there are more than N rows in a partition?

> The language of the comment basically says that it holds in cache what
> satisfies the query if and only if it’s the head of the partition, if not it
> fetches it and saves it - I dont interpret it differently from what I have
> seen in the documentation.

Hmm, I’m trying to understand this. Does it mean that it stores the results in
cache if it is head and if not, it will fetch the head and store that (instead
of the results for the query) ?

Hannu