Dear Lucas,

Those properties that result in the log message you are seeing are
properties common to all compaction strategies. See http://cassandra.apache.
org/doc/latest/operating/compaction.html#common-options. They are
*tombstone_compaction_interval
*and *tombstone_threshold*. If you didn't define them when you created your
table, then you will see the log message. I'm not fully certain what the
intent is, but in a TWCS setting you should only rely on TTLs and not run
checks for including SSTables with dropping tombstones (so it may save a
little bit of computation there). DTCS has the same property, which you can
find detail in this JIRA https://issues.apache.
org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-9234.

You shouldn't be seeing it all the time though unless you are constantly
creating and dropping tables. Hope this helps in some way :)