Didn't read the blog but it's worth noting that if you replace the node and
give it a *different* ip address repairs will not be necessary as it will
receive writes during replacement. This works as long as you start up the
replacement node before HH window ends.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-12344 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-11559 fixes this for same
address replacements (hopefully in 4.0)