Thanks for your reply. I also think separate rings are more reasonable.

So one ring for one dc is only for c* 1.x or 2.x without vnode?

Check these references:

https://docs.datastax.com/en/archived/cassandra/1.1/docs/initialize/token_generation.html
http://www.luketillman.com/one-token-ring-to-rule-them-all/
https://community.apigee.com/articles/13096/cassandra-token-distribution.html

Even the riak official said c* splits the ring across dc:
http://basho.com/posts/business/riak-vs-cassandra-an-updated-brief-comparison/

Why they said each dc has its own ring?